The Digital Tango: Preparing for the Future of Work
|Date:||Sunday, 20 Oct 2019|
|Time:||4 hours (15:00-19:00)|
|Cost:||€ 168.53 = € 130 + € 38.53 (22% Italian sales tax + Eventbrite fees)|
How will automation change your industry, your company, and your job? This lively, provocative, and entertaining workshop will immerse you into the worlds of exponentially growing technologies and help you design a much better future. With practical tools to help you map the specific forces shaping your business and pinpoint the ways you can create more value, it will show you how to take advantage of technologies, augmenting your skills, rather than being automated into irrelevance. ss
Tom Wujec is a technology thought-leader and business strategist who guides leadership teams to design better futures. As a former Autodesk Fellow and founding professor of Singularity University, Tom has worked at the leading edge of design and technology for over two decades. He will share first-hand stories of how manufacturing, construction, pharma, healthcare, education, and financial organizations are reimagining work as they disrupt their industries.
Tom will help you chart the relevant toolsets and mindsets of effective innovation. He will show how the combination of three classes of technology — capture, compute, and create — reveal a new way to think about the future of work and show which jobs will disappear as the tasks within them become automated and why other jobs will become more fulfilling and productive as computers become active creative partners. The impact will be astounding. Automation will allow some jobs to do more, better, with fewer resources.
He will aslo provide simple, powerful techniques to make the mindset of innovation visible, improving your team’s ability to identify problems that matter, systematically exploring a wider range of options, and aligning on bold outcome. The result: smarter, faster, more nimble, and fitter teams.
- Value Maps: Jobs won’t be automated: tasks will. Knowing which will be computable. Will progress through appropriate industries and illustrate the change.
- Value Shift: Understanding how value changes, from driving, to understanding the roads.
- Understand how three key technologies - capture, compute, create - and changing the nature of your business and how your products and services.
- Choices: See what what is coming to market in the next 2 to 5 years, and how these technologies are converging to transform industries;
- Horizons: The audience will picture their industry technology. Whether Pharma, Finance, construction, manufacturing, or services, how specific exponentially growing technologies will affect you.
- Continual Learning: Find out where and how to create a mindset of innovation.