View Conference 2017: Speakers Released and Awards Submission Open
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Registration Opens as Industry Confab Confirms
Heavyweight First Slate of Top Industry Speakers
18th ANNUAL VFX / COMPUTER GRAPHICS / GAMES
October 23-27, 2017 – Turin, Italy
‘VIEW Awards’ Submission Entries Also Now Open!
TURIN, Italy/HOLLYWOOD (June 02, 2017) – VIEW Conference 2017, Italy’s renowned computer graphics, digital media and games conference has officially opened registration for the show’s spectacular 18th annual event, which runs October 23-27, 2017 in Torino, Italy. The one-of-a-kind conference brings together a wide slate of industry heavyweights in the fields of animation, visual effects, virtual reality, digital design and gaming. Among those already confirmed for keynote presentations are legendary ‘World of Warcraft’ game designer Rob Pardo, CEO of Bonfire Studios, and Baobab Studios Chief Creative Director Eric Darnell, known for his acclaimed work, including co-directing and co-writing all four Dreamworks Animation Madagascar films with Tom McGrath, as well as directing Antz.
VIEW Conference has also announced the opening of submissions for the show’s highly competitive ‘VIEW Awards.’ Celebrating the best in animation and video games, each year this competition receives hundreds of entries, vying for recognition in four categories for animated short films or videogames.
VIEW Conference spans five remarkably diverse days, featuring talks, workshops, panel discussions, interactive sessions, awards and more, in an intimate conference like no other. It is presented to an expected audience of 6,000 professionals and students.
The initial list of industry professionals confirmed to present at VIEW Conference 2017 includes those below. Future announces will be held as this list builds in anticipation of the show.
Initial list of VIEW Conference 2017 Industry Speakers
- Rob Pardo – CEO Bonfire Studios. Renowned videogame design career including ‘World of Warcraft,’– VIEW Keynote Speaker
- Eric Darnell – Chief Creative Officer Baobab Studios who’s career includes co-directing & co-writing all DreamWorks’ Madagascar films and projects including ‘Invasion,’ Asteroids, ‘Rainbow Crow’ and more. – VIEW Keynote Speaker
- Phil Chen – co-founder, HTC VIVE, Technology explorer and Investor, Managing Partner ‘Presence Capital’ VR/AR Venture Fund, partner Horizons Ventures investing in VR/AR/AI
- Paul Debevec – Google VR, Oscar Winner
- Kevin Lin – COO Twitch.TV
- Christopher Townsend – Overall VFX Supervisor, ‘Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2’
- Vicki Dobbs Beck – Executive in Charge of ILM x LAB
- Mark Osborne – ‘The Little Prince’ and ‘Kung Fu Panda,’ DreamWorks Animation
- Kris Pearn – Director ‘The Willoughbys,’ Bron Animation and ‘Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2’ Co-Director, Sony Pictures Animation
- Shannon Tindle – Director/Writer Sony Pictures Animation, Disney, Laika, Google Spotlight Story, On-Ice
- Cinzia Angelini – Director, CG Animated Feauture ‘Mila’, in progress
- Hal Hickel – ‘Rogue One,’ Animation Director, ILM, Oscar and Bafta Winner
- Rob Coleman – ‘Lego Batman Movie,’ Head of Animation, Animal Logic, two time Oscar nominee for his work on Star Wars
- Kim White – Director of Photography – Lighting, ‘Cars 3,’ Pixar Animation Studio
- Noelle Triaureau, Production Designer, ‘The Smurfs: The Lost Village’, Sony Pictures Animation
- Mike Ford, VFX Supervisor, ‘The Smurfs: The Lost Village,’ Sony Pictures Animation
- Carlos Zaragoza – ‘The Emoji Movie’ Production Designer, Sony Pictures Animation
- Maureen Fan – CEO Baobab Studios, VR
- Larry Cutler – Chief Technology Officer, Baobab Studios
- Eloi Champagne – Technical Director National Film Board of Canada, VR
- Claudio Padica – Senior Interaction Designer, Sólfar Studios & AI researcher at Reykjavik University
- Michael Rubin – Founder and Chief Photo Officer, Neomodern
- David Putrino – Director of Rehabilitation Innovation Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Ph.D in Neuroscience, Director of Telemedicine and Virtual Rehabilitation Medicine at Weill-Cornell Medical College, He is also ‘The Chief Mad Scientist’ of Not Impossible Labs
- Victor Perez – VFX Supervisor Gabriele Salvatores Invisible Boy sequel
- Francesco Filippi , Director Mani Rosse (Red Hands), Studio Mistral
- Ed Hooks, is a multi-faceted theatrical professional, respected as an actor, author and acting teacher. He will teach his complete Acting for Animators Master Class at VIEW Conference
“I am thrilled to confirm such an impressive list of speakers so early in our 2017 planning process,” said conference director Dr. Maria Elena Gutierrez. “This year’s VIEW Conference continues our tradition of showcasing many of the world’s top animation, visual-effects artists, while adding even more great speakers to our line-up to showcase games and virtual reality.”
The VIEW Conference’s popular awards completion includes for animated short films or videogames created between January 1, 2015 and September 15, 2017. Entry is available online at: http://www.viewconference.it/awards-and-social-contest/
The awards categories are:
- BEST SHORT – category for those creating and animated short, music video or commercial using 2D/3D animation. The contest is open to students and professionals with a maximum length of 30 minutes. The best short will be evaluated based on design, environments and best character. First prize is 2,000 Euros. Submit your work
- SOCIAL CONTEST – a short video clip or commercial focusing on social themes.
First prize is 500 Euros. Submit your work
- GAME CONTEST – an award recognizing the best gameplay, design and mechanics.
First prize is 500 Euros. Submit your work
- ITALIANMIX – dedicated to the work of Italian artists, the work can be animated, experimental or documentary. Maximum length 30 minutes. First prize is 500 Euros. Submit your work
The deadline for ALL VIEW Awards submissions is: September 15, 2017.
TProfessional and Students are invited to register to attend VIEW Conference 2017 online at: http://www.viewconference.it/passes-pricing
The VIEW 2017 Conference is made possible with the support of Compagnia di San Paolo, Fondazione CRT, Piedmont Region, Turin’s Chamber of Commerce and the City of Turin, Twitch.tv.
Please visit the VIEW Conference 2017 website: http://www.viewconference.it for more information and speaker updates.
# # #
High Rhoades Comms