VFX Supervisor, ILM
Daniele Bigi joined Industrial Light & Magic in January 2015 as the Computer Graphics Supervisor on Marvel’s Ant-Man. His previous films as a CG Supervisor include Guardians of the Galaxy and Red 2 amongst others, as well as Doctor Strange at ILM.
Moving up into the role of Associate Visual Effects Supervisor Daniele worked on Ready Player One, for which he received the VES award for “Outstanding Virtual Cinematography in a Photo Real Project” for the work before taking on the role of Supervisor on Disney’s Aladdin.
Daniele studied Industrial Design in Milan where he developed his computer graphics skills helping to design automotive products. He has always been interested in film since childhood and once he realised that he could combine his passion for film with his interest in computer generated images he decided to work in the visual effects industry. Here he would combine his artistic vision with his strong technical background. Daniele first worked at a few small studios in Italy, before moving to Aardman Animation in England to work in their new 3D Department and then moved onto Framestore and MPC.
Originally from Lake Como, in Italy, Daniele is excited about the future of visual effects, and looks to push every film he works on into new and uncharted territories of visual excellence. When he is not pushing the envelope in visual effects, Daniele enjoys spending time riding his motorbike in the sun … whenever the English weather allows.
Daniele is currently Visual Effects Supervisor for JJ Abrams’ final instalment of the Skywalker saga, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
FEATURE FILM CREDITS
- 2019 STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER (currently in production) – ILM Visual Effects Supervisor
- 2019 ALADDIN – ILM Visual Effects Supervisor
- 2018 READY PLAYER ONE – ILM Associate Visual Effects Supervisor
- 2016 DOCTOR STRANGE - CG Supervisor
- 2015 ANTMAN - CG Supervisor
- 2014 SEVENTH SON - CG Supervisor
- 2014 GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - CG Supervisor
- 2013 RED 2 - CG Supervisor
- 2012 PROMETHEUS - Lighting Supervisor
- 2011 X MEN: FIRST CLASS - Look Development Lead
- 2010 HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART 1 - Lead Lighting and Look Dev Artist
- 2010 PRINCE OF PERSIA: SANDS OF TIME - Lighting Lead
- 2010 THE WOLFMAN - Lead Environment Technical Director
- 2008 THE TALE OF DESPEREAUX - Lighting Technical Director
- 2008 THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN - Lead Lighting Technical Director