Using as an example the latest Virtual Reality 3D puzzle game qb, developed by PlaySys and published by Oculus in June 2016, Luca Deriu will sum up the experience of a videogame developer that has experimented with different game engines, rendering techniques and platforms.
Core points of the workshop will cover:
- From initial virtual reality game concept to the choice of the platform: Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR.
- Creating a proper user experience: gameplay, difficulties and power-ups, leaderboards and other types of engagements.
- How virtual reality enhances the experience and how the device punish your 3ds Max ambitions.
- Development and programming: behind the scenes of a virtual reality game made with Unity.
- Virtual Reality game monetization, expenses and other marketing secrets.
- Oculus Store: how to publish your game and what to expect next.
During the workshop, thanks to the partnership between PlaySys and Samsung Italia, participants will be able to play qb on several Samsung Gear VR devices, provided to experience its strong (and weak) points.
Software in use (participants are invited to bring their laptops with the following softwares for more practical approach):
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Chaos Group V-Ray
- Adobe Photoshop
- Quixel Suite
- Oculus Platform SDK
- Android Studio
- Java JRE